Faisal El Hakim
Regional Director - MENA
With 20 years of banking, derivatives and asset management experience, Faisal brings an in-depth knowledge of the fintech landscape, asset securitization, asset allocation, funds and alternatives, Islamic wrappers, cryptocurrencies and derivatives. Faisal leads the Middle East business for Velexa, a fast-growing European WealthTech company focused on embedded investing and empowering next-generation investors.
Throughout his professional career, Faisal has held sales, business development, structuring and management related roles at HSBC, ABN AMRO, Bear Stearns, HANetf and Invesco Asset Management in London, Singapore and Dubai. He holds a BSc in Economics from the London School of Economics and an MSc in Mathematical Trading & Finance from Cass Business School.
- 20 years of banking, derivatives and asset management experience;
- Ex-Bear Stearns structured credit and institutional sales in London;
- Sales-structurer at ABN AMRO’s Private Investor Products desk;
- Head of Alternatives & institutional sales at ARX Financial Engineering in Dubai;
- Global head of business development and ETF sales at HANetf;
- Head of APAC & MENA sales at Source ETFs & Invesco Asset Management in London & Singapore;
- Head of Equity and FX derivatives structuring for Emerging Markets at HSBC;
- Director Strategic Growth, MENA